Friday, May 14, 2010

National Women's Health Week

Thanks to everyone who helped put this great event together!


With my two daughters, Katie and Emily. It was great to have two of my favorite women at this event with me!

May 9-15 is National Women's Health Week and I had the honor of presenting the proclamation at the Raleigh event. It was great to be a part of a nation-wide event with such an important message.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Womens Health has put together this week-long series of events across the country to encourage women to make their health a top priority. In the Triangle, we are fortunate to have so many leading health care facilities and institutes. In fact, the Triangle has repeatedly ranked as one of the nation's healthiest metropolitan areas for women!

As a healthcare professional, I encourage everyone to live as healthily as possible, especially women! There are so many simple steps that can be taken to live a longer, happier, and healthier life!

I have included a few pictures from the event, please enjoy! Thanks to everyone who put this event together, and thanks for including me in the fun!

No comments: