Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sierra Club Endorsement


The Capital Group of the Sierra Club announced their endorsements for the 2009 Municipal Elections. Locally, the Club has a comprehensive process that identifies candidates whom they think are friends of the environment. Nationally, the Sierra Club is the largest, oldest and most effective environmental organization in the country. They do a great job of educating their members about opportunities to advocate for the environment both with their own time and at various levels of government. Thanks to the Sierra Club for being such great environmental advocates!

I am grateful to have received their endorsement for the second time, and look forward to continuing to earn this honor through my work on City Council! I have worked hard for tougher stormwater standards to protect our local waterways, and also served as the council liason to the Upper Neuse River Basin committee. I believe it is important to always consider the environmental impact of developments and I have consistently proved that during my work as Chair of the Comprehensive Planning Committe .


No comments: