Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Candidacy for Mayor of Raleigh!

This morning, I announced my candidacy for Mayor of Raleigh!



I have lived in Raleigh for 27 years. I have raised a family, and started and grown a business here. During that time, Raleigh has experienced a lot of growth and change. We have seen Raleigh emerge as a place that consistently tops the rankings of "Best Places to Live," "Best Places for Business," and "Best Places to Raise a Family."

What sets our city apart is a tremendous collaborative spirit that unites our diverse interests to create this outstanding community. But even as great as we are, we can be even better! We are not the incredible city we are today by accident. It was careful planning that brought us here.

As we grow, we will face challenges. It is important that we plan carefully to accommodate our expected growth, so that we continue to enjoy the safe, beautiful, prosperous city that we love.

I have a vision for Raleigh as a true world class city that provides choices as to how we live, work, and play. I want to make sure that we always retain the beauty and charm that makes us Raleigh! I am ready to lead Raleigh and chart a successful course for tomorrow and the next twenty years.

It is an honor and a privilege to serve the people of Raleigh. I am proud of what Raleigh has become, and I am excited to lead Raleigh into the future!

No comments: