Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Early Voting

Early Voting is going on now through Friday October 3rd for all Wake County elections! The only site is at the Board of Elections at 337 Salisbury Street, on weekdays from 8:30-5:00. I f you have any conflicts with Election Day October 6th than this is a great option!

Since the voting trend for municipal elections is usually around 10% (or less), it is very important for you to get out and vote! This low turn out means that every vote counts, so the more you can help spread the word with your friends and family the more impact you can have. Local elections really do have an impact on your quality of life because of the close proximity of city and county governments to our daily lives. The City is responsible for your drinking water, sewer service, road maintenance, zoning and regulating developments, public safety, developing infrastructure and maintaining parks, just to name a few. I believe that getting involved in local politics is one of the best ways to help shape our community for the better.

I appreciate your continued support as I move forward into my second term. It is an honor that no one has chosen to run against me this election, and I look forward to continuing my work on the Raleigh City Council.

No comments: