Approximately 18.40 acres is requested by Medlin Heirs and Wardlaw Heirs to be rezoned from Office and Institution 1 with SHOD-1 to Office and Institution 2 Conditional Use. Conditions include prohibited uses, limiting building heights, limits to access, stormwater retention, right-of-way reimbursement and site plan approval by City Council.
2. Rezoning Z-28-09 - Poole Road, South Side, Southeast of its Intersection with I-440 Being Wake County
Approximately 23.026 acres is requested by the City of Raleigh to be rezoned from O&I 2 and R-6 to Industrial 1 General Use.
1. Invocation - Doctor Jerry Williams, Agape Word Fellowship
2. Pledge of Allegiance
C. RECOGNITION OF SPECIAL AWARDS
D. CONSENT AGENDA
All items on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and may be enacted by one motion. If a Councilor requests discussion on an item, the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately. The vote on the consent agenda will be a roll call vote.
11. Road Race - Lead Mine Road Vicinity - Donnie Jackson, representing the A.E. Finley YMCA, requests a street closure on Sunday, August 30, 2009, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for a road race.
E. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION
F. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE CITY MANAGER
1. North Wake Landfill - Redevelopment as School/Park Site
G. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE APPEARANCE COMMISSION
1. 2008-09 Annual Report and 2009-10 Work Program
Andrew Leager, Chair of the Appearance Commission, will present the commission’s 2008-09 Annual Report and 2009-10 Work Program for consideration of City Council.
H. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE ARTS COMMISSION
Brian Starkey, Chair of Raleigh Arts Commission, will present the Proposed Matrix for Arts Commission Member Appointments and accompanying information form.
I. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE HISTORIC CEMETERIES ADVISORY BOARD
1. Historic Cemeteries Advisory Board Name Change and Bylaws
J. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION
Commissioner Lorrin Freeman will present the Human Services Agency Grant recommendations for this year.
K. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE RALEIGH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1. Quarterly Report January – March 2009
This item is the submittal of quarterly reports outlining the City’s marketing and economic development program efforts January - March 2009.
L. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE STORMWATER MANAGEMENT ADVISORY COMMISSION
The Stormwater Management Advisory Commission has developed additional recommendations
concerning the sedimentation control program.
1. Tree Conservation Ordinance - Proposed Text Change
The Committee recommends the City Council direct Administration to prepare a text change to incorporate into the tree conservation ordinance the following recommendation of the Tree Conservation Task Force and staff.
O. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
P. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
1. Isabella Cannon Park Master Plan
The Committee recommends upholding staff’s recommendation to adopt the Draft Isabella Cannon Park Master Plan with the following adjustments: 1) that a new RFQ be issued for the design of Phase 1 due to the recent dissolution of current vendor, WSP Sells; 2) that extra parking at Raleigh Little Theater be utilized to satisfy the requirement for four parking stalls at the park; and 3) include the sidewalk as part of the master plan, but phase the sidewalk with development and design in the form of a trail being sensitive to existing trees and topography.
EVENING AGENDA - 7:00 P.M.
A. REQUESTS AND PETITIONS OF CITIZENS
B. MATTERS SCHEDULED FOR PUBLIC HEARING
1. A hearing to consider the petitioned annexations of the following locations. If following the hearings, the Council wishes to proceed with the annexations, it would be appropriate to adopt ordinances annexing the properties effective June 30, 2009, and a resolution placing the properties in the appropriate electoral district.
- Wynbrooke Subdivision (District E)
- North Raleigh Christian Academy (District B)
2. A hearing to consider improvements to Rock Quarry Road from approximately 1,000 feet west of Sunnybrook Road to New Hope Road with the improvements consisting of widening the existing two-lane roadway to five lanes with a center two-way left-turn lane and wider outside lanes to accommodate bicycles, installation of curbs, gutters, drains and paving with a five-foot sidewalk on both sides.
3. A hearing to consider the following sidewalk repairs.
7. A hearing to consider the permanent closing of all of the right-of-way known as Annette Avenue which is located south of Glenwood Avenue and west off Toyota Drive.