Full text of the Agenda available here.
A. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER BY THE MAYOR
1. Invocation - Pastor Tyler Jones, Vintage 21 Church
2. Pledge of Allegiance
B. RECOGNITION OF SPECIAL AWARDS
C. CONSENT AGENDA
All items on the consent agenda are considered to be routine and may be enacted by one motion. If a Councilor requests discussion on an item, the item will be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately. The vote on the consent agenda will be a roll call vote.
E. SPECIAL ITEMS
1. Water and Sewer Rates
The proposal to increase water and sewer rates by 17% has been discussed on several occasions. Various information has been supplied and it was directed that the item be placed on this agenda for further consideration.
Read full text of the report from Dale Crisp, Raleigh Public Utilities Director.
F. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE CITY MANAGER
1. Moore Square Design and Public Process Concept, Phases I, II and III
G. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE ARTS COMMISSION
Brian Starkey, Chair of the Arts Commission, will present the 2009-2010 Arts Grants Allocations recommendations and his recommended Public Art and Design Board appointments.
H. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE PARKS, RECREATION AND GREENWAY ADVISORY BOARD
1. Isabella Cannon Park Master Plan - Isabella Cannon Park is a 3.5-acre Neighborhood Park located in the University Park neighborhood at the corner of Gardner Street and Kilgore Avenue. The park has been a part of Raleigh’s park system since the 1930’s. Funds for the renovation and master plan of the park were included as part of the 2003 Park Bond.
I. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE ADVISORY COMMISSION
Representatives of the Substance Abuse Advisory Commission will present a report on the prescription drug drop off event.
J. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WATER CONSERVATION ADVISORY COUNCIL
The Water Conservation Advisory Council will present their recommendations for the City’s current and future water conservation strategies.
1. Loree Idol, Enloe High School, would like to present a student editorial and request that the Council consider funding for one school resource officer per every 1,000 students at all Raleigh City high schools.
L. MATTERS SCHEDULED FOR PUBLIC HEARING (2:00 P.M. OR AFTER)
M. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE BUDGET AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
4. Water and Sewer Capacity Fees
It is recommended that this item be referred to the special Public Utilities Work Session and Budget Work Session scheduled for Monday April 27 at 4pm.
1. Text Change - Prohibit Industrial Facilities in Residential Areas
The Committee recommends the City Council direct Administration to prepare a text change to create a new special use permit designation for compost facilities and authorize a public hearing for that text change upon completion of the ordinance.
The Committee recommends this item be reported out of Committee with the Council
directing Administration to monitor and address complaints by citizens regarding traffic
issues and street closing notifications for special events.
P. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
1. No report.
T. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE CITY ATTORNEY
U. REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE CITY CLERK